Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's official.  I am fed up with bugs.

Last night I discovered a bug burrowing in my PJs (thankfully before I put them on).  This morning there was a cockroach on the bathroom floor - lying with it's legs in the air (not dead I discovered when I went to pick it up) and now I've just discovered a pile of bites halfway up my leg - how did they get there??? Mosquitos don't munch through thick trousers, what's going on?

However, there is one 'bug' that has been intriging me.  I managed to get some snaps of it today.  It is a shy little thing.  It lives under a drain cover at the front of the guest house.
two here, one next to the pipe the other by the corner of the cover



bit more of a close up - here one is scuttling for the safety of the drain cover, other by the pipe



They are so wierd - they look a bit like bees with a load of twiggy fluff on their backs.  I wondered if it was some sort of spider - but no, apparently not.  Although I'm told they are not spiders no one can tell me what they are.  So, suggestions please.............................................

You may recall a few weeks ago I was a bit anxious that I may wake up being flattened by a water butt...well the building work has now finished.  The day started at 6.45 with two loud maintenance men bellowing directly outside my window.  After I'd hauled myself out of bed I could witness the big vast tank being 'rolled' towards the store.  Anyway, some people have been busy today - a tank is now in place, see below - please also appreciate the wooden structure built to help get it up there....

I think tank no 2 will be on the schedule for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment