Thursday, September 22, 2011

Well, final day today..I have been very excited this week, looking forward to returning home.

Yesterday I had a surprise, the hospital arranged a leaving party for me and a nurse who is leaving to train to be a medic.  Frequent readers may recall the party we had for Viola last month.  There were some speeches of thanks and the chance for people to say why they had enjoyed working with those leaving.  This was accompanied by a boiled egg, samosa, banana, cake and bottle of pop.  It was a great surprise and a lovely way to round off my stay.


saying thanks (accompanied by a lot of
arm waving)
party fare







The hospital has an outreach clinic in Kampala tomorrow so I will be travelling with them. I plan to explore the city and also visit the Botanical Garden in Entebbe before my flight home Sunday.

me hard at work in my armchair

No comments:

Post a Comment